Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sticky Stuff

The other day, I was in need of some GLUE.

Wet glue that I could spread all over and glue some paper to some plastic.

I HAVE glue, just not here in Washington, so I didn't want to go out and BUY more glue because I already HAVE glue...ugh...

So, I googled recipes for glue and tried a few.

The first one was VERY easy and seemed perfect! It smelled like glue and was sticky...


But when it dried, it wasn't making anything stick anymore...


Yes, that is a sneak peek of a project I'm working on!

So, I dumped it in the trash and tried again...


This one was nice and sticky!


The only problem was that once it was dry, if the paper and plastic bond was bent AT ALL, they came unglued.  UGH.

I NEEDED THEM TO STAY STUCK! So I gave the glue a quick lick (Hey...the recipe said it was edible...) and stuck it back down.  It worked!

I knew that as soon as it was dry again, it wouldn't be sticking, but I had a GREAT idea. 

ENVELOPE GLUE!

I make envelopes ALL the time, and usually have to rummage around for a glue stick when I send something, but now I had my own envelope glue!  

Yes, I've tried it.  

Yes it's great!

No, it's not MY recipe. Here's the LINK.  Check it out for instructions!

Their recipe makes A LOT of glue...so for my little jar, I used the following:

6 TBSP flour
9 TBSP water
2 TBSP sugar
1/8 TBSP vinegar

Happy gluing!

No comments:

Post a Comment