Sunday, January 20, 2013

Project 52: Week Three

This week, I tried a new recipe.

I've tried about half a million (or at least 7) recipes for soft pretzels, and all of them claim to be amazing, and JUST like the pretzels you get at the pretzel place at the mall, but NONE of them have ever really been what I was looking for.

I think this recipe is the one.


I did not make them perfectly, but if I had, they would have been EXACTLY what I've been looking for all these years...

It was a LOVELY dough to work with.


And please ignore my eyes that look like I haven't slept in weeks...I have a newborn you see...

When the recipe said to roll your ropes until they are REALLY thin, I thought that meant like this:


Next time, I know to roll them even thinner.

And when the blog says to dip them in the baking soda water and then bake them, take note that they do NOT say to let them sit and dry off before baking them so that they end up kind of splotchy and not perfectly browned with that chewy outside layer...


But...when the recipe says that you might want to try them drenched in butter and cinnamon sugar...do it.


And then eat 2 or 3 of them in one sitting...because they are delightfully warm, and DEFINITELY not as good reheated...

I'm so glad that I gave in to trying yet ANOTHER soft pretzel recipe...because now I have a NEW favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment