Friday, August 26, 2011

DIY Wheat Thins

I love crackers.  Goldfish crackers, Chikin in a Biscuit crackers, Ritz crackers, but especially Wheat Thins.

So, when I came across a recipe for making your own, I knew I'd have to try it.


The recipe is HERE at the site, Home Cooking in Montana.  She's got some other great recipes on there, so if you have an extra minute look around and see what other treasures you find!

I'm not going to write out the whole recipe here.  Follow the link...

But, I will tell you some things I learned while making these.

1. I did NOT use whole wheat flour because I was trying to use up some of my all purpose flour before we moved. Next time I WILL use whole wheat flour, because although my crackers were yummy, they weren't exactly Wheat Thins.

2. I did NOT use parchment paper to roll them out and bake them.  Next time, I WILL use parchment paper! The rolling out was great and the dough didn't even stick to my lightly oiled counter top...but it was a PAIN to pull each individual cracker off the counter and put in on the pan.  They don't spread, so it would have been WAY easier to just throw the whole sheet of parchment paper in the oven.

3. I WILL make these again! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment