Saturday, February 9, 2013

Project 52: Week Six

I got a wonderful present for Christmas: a ravioli roller.

I'd been telling my sister about it (who was confused because she'd only ever had the round ravioli from Olive Garden) and when she saw one online, she sent it my way.

Today, I tried it out.  I've never cooked ANY kind of ravioli before today, so it was TOTALLY new.


Some things I learned:

1. Large sheets of pasta are a PAIN to roll by hand.  But would I make pasta enough to justify getting a pasta press?

2. The zigzag cutter that makes those cool edges on the ravioli must also seal them better because I definitely had some leakage.  (See the couple of FLAT raviolis in there? Yeah, there were a bunch more by the end.)  


3. Handmade ravioli is REALLY good. Deliciously, wonderfully yummy.

2 comments:

  1. ok...you are totally slacking. I was looking forward to finding out what new thing you did this week. By the way, I am up to date on my blog...we just have to officially post all of it. :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete