Saturday, March 30, 2013

Project 52: Week Thirteen

Cake.

Specifically polenta lavender cake.

I was at a friend's house for lunch and had a slice of polenta lavender cake from Talula's Table, a local place that serves one table of dinner goers per day, does reservations a year in advance, but also has a bakery that you can buy stuff from even if you aren't the day's lucky winner.

I decided to try to find a compatible recipe.

Enter Polenta Lemon cake (because I couldn't even FIND lavender at the store).


I baked it for too long.  I didn't poke the holes deep enough for the lemon syrup to seep all the way through the cake.  It wasn't ANYTHING like the cake from Talula's Table.  

In fact, we didn't even eat all of it before I ended up throwing the rest away.

FAIL.

Except for the fact that I think if I made it with orange zest/juice instead of lemons, and poured over sweetened condensed milk and stuff like a tres leches cake, it just might end up being a delicious orange creamsicle cake. 

And THAT, my friends, would probably be to die for.

And might give you diabetes...

But that's a project for another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment