Saturday, May 11, 2013

Project 52: Week Nineteen

We moved into our home almost a year ago, but it didn't take us that long to realize something peculiar about the house.  The only doors that had working locks were the exterior doors.  NONE of the interior doors locked...not bathrooms, not bedrooms...and some of those doors didn't even latch all the way.


We got used to it pretty fast, but our kids sometimes barged in and surprised people who were visiting...and we decided that we needed to fix that.

We bought enough knobs to at least do the bathroom doors...that was 8 months ago...

I finally decided I needed to take care of it. Out came the wood chisels, and I got to work!

Old latch removed.


Door chiseled and ready for the new latch.


New handle installed!


Now you may all visit, because you don't have to be afraid of the girls barging in while you're in the shower!

On a side note, I'm not sure I'd ever even HELD a wood chisel before this project...

No comments:

Post a Comment